“The PA Forest Careers site was easy to use and provided me with a handful of additional applicants, one of which we hired for our Fiber Procurement position.”
– M. Winiesdorffer, Kronospan LLC, Shippenville, PA - Click Here & Submit a Job, Today!
Industrial Electrical and Controls Supervisor
The Industrial Electrical and Controls Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance on Industrial electrical equipment and systems. We are seeking an experienced Industrial Electrician with plc programming experience to undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining our electrical infrastructure.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Ability to do both mechanical and electrical maintenance work including some ladder logic programming.
- Ability to program and troubleshoot PLC's and work on VFD’s.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Demonstrate the initiative to investigate and offer improvements to our plant operation.
- Direct and train others to install, maintain, or repair electrical writing and equipment. Be able to provide expert knowledge and guidance to other employees in your field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Must be familiar with low to high voltage (480-volt 3 Phase) and be comfortable doing diagnostic and troubleshooting on this type of system.
- Must be familiar with industrial electrical control devices (photo eye, proximity sensor, limit switch).
- Must be familiar with basic Pneumatic valves and controls.
- Familiarity hydraulic servo motion and hydraulic motion control a plus.
- Familiarity with OSHA safety standards and regulations.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, electrical schematics, and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Install, examine, replace, or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators, reactors, electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems.
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
- Diagnose and correct PLC programming problems to minimize downtime.
- Diagnose, repair and or replace electrical components of machines including but not limited to motors, relays, overloads, cables, switches, sensors, and variable speed drives.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs., twist and turn, kneel, and stand for long periods of time, climb a ladder, and work overhead as required.
- A graduate with an A.A.S degree or Certificate from an accredited electrical trade school program and successfully pass job-related skill assessment tests.
- 4 Years prior experience in an industrial or equivalent setting
- Valid driver’s license
- Advanced Electrical Training or prior experience in PLC control systems. - Preferred
Total compensation package includes Group Medical Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, potential for a sign-on bonus, and a 401K Plan with Company Contribution.
- Must be available, upon hiring,
to work any shift as assigned. Shifts will be awarded based on the needs
of the business unit.
- Overtime available as scheduled.