“The PA Forest Careers site was easy to use and provided me with a handful of additional applicants, one of which we hired for our Fiber Procurement position.”
– M. Winiesdorffer, Kronospan LLC, Shippenville, PA - Click Here & Submit a Job, Today!
The Senior Accountant will perform the accounting activities of the department.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Generate, review, and manage monthly and annual general ledger entries
- Produce periodic financial reports; ensure that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Complete monthly detailed account reconciliations.
- Calculate and file miscellaneous state and federal monthly, quarterly, and annual tax forms.
- Assist in the preparation of various internal and external audits.
- Manage plant-wide fixed assets and capital expenditure schedules and reconciliations.
- Complete weekly/monthly perpetual inventory reconciliations for a manufacturing company with multiple locations.
- Capable of processing weekly payroll in a backup capacity
- Produce and file payroll-related tax filings.
- Support compliance activities for payroll and 401k reporting
- Oversee daily banking and debt reporting
- Evaluate new customer credit applications
- Prepare weekly debt activity and 13-week debt projections.
- Prepare and review income statement, balance sheet and cash flow forecasting
- Prepare and present recommendations on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Complete weekly sales reports, projections, and variance analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Evaluate and implement actions that automate daily tasks to create new efficiencies.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Excellent management and supervisory skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Proficient in accounting software, Great Plains preferred.
Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
Proficient in MS Office
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Business Administration required.
Four to six years or more of related experience required.
Public accounting experience preferred.
Experience with a manufacturing company preferred.
Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.