“The PA Forest Careers site was easy to use and provided me with a handful of additional applicants, one of which we hired for our Fiber Procurement position.”
– M. Winiesdorffer, Kronospan LLC, Shippenville, PA - Click Here & Submit a Job, Today!
For over 60 years this family owner business has delivered high-quality hardwood truck and trailer flooring for the trailer and box truck market, and has been committed to service, quality, innovation and sustainability since its inception in 1960.
- Responsible for managing up to 12 direct-report employees including a boiler operator, kiln operator and/or kiln control assistant who all serve in the kiln drying process and boiler operations.
- Responsible to ensure the boiler is in compliance with all governmental regulations including EPA, PA- DEP.
- Supervise and/or be directly involved in the purchase of raw material.
- Communicates company goals, safety practices, and deadlines to the yard team, ensuring that all objectives in terms of safety, quality, and throughput are met successfully on a daily basis.
- Motivates the team members and assesses their performance.
- Provides help to management, including training, coaching and disciplining.
- Keeps management updated on team performance and communicates concerns and policies among management and team members.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years' experience working at a lumber yard.
- 2 years' experience working with lumber kiln.
- High school diploma/GED