Tally Person/Fork Truck Operator/Handler
Proficiency in three areas; tallying lumber-order processing, operating a forklift, and stacking lumber. This position rotates responsibilities with others on a regular basis.
- Counting and filling orders in accordance with instructions for specifications
- Efficient, smooth, and safe operation of Forklift
- Handling lumber from packs or the grading chain to make new packs for inventory or orders
- Use of handheld computer and desktop computer to load information for order completion
Qualification & Experience:
- Required: High School Graduate or GED
- Preferred: Associates or BS in Business, Marketing, Construction, Wood Products, Forestry or other related fields.
- Two years or more of customer relations experience.
Skill, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent people skills and the ability to communicate well with customers and employees.
- Computer skills in navigating keyboard, data entry, data analysis, Microsoft word, Excel, Access, and the internet. Social Media interaction with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other.
- Understand and apply basic sales techniques such as: proper phone etiquette, probing questions, active listening, relationship building, and problem-solving.
- Full time position with benefits
- Work hours are 6:30AM - 3:00PM Monday through Friday.
- Health benefits, life insurance, vacation days, and retirement plans are available.
- Pre-employment drug testing required.
- Employee discounts
- Working Conditions: Office, lumber warehouse, and planning mill environment. Also, customer office and factory sites along with meeting and seminar facility sites.
Lewis Lumber Products in an Equal Opportunity Employer
Hourly rate starting at $15/hour, higher depending on experience and qualifications