“The PA Forest Careers site was easy to use and provided me with a handful of additional applicants, one of which we hired for our Fiber Procurement position.”
– M. Winiesdorffer, Kronospan LLC, Shippenville, PA - Click Here & Submit a Job, Today!
Pennsylvania WoodMobile Coordinator
he PA WoodMobile Coordinator performs professional educational and informational work in presenting the Pennsylvania WoodMobile, a public outreach and education program that provides instruction and information on the state’s forest resource and the forest products industry. The Pennsylvania WoodMobile will be scheduled to exhibit at approximately 80-90 events throughout the Commonwealth during the spring, summer, and fall for approximately 90,000 citizens and 13,000 students. Work involves assisting supervisor in devising class, program, and exhibit schedules; preparing lesson plans, scripts and other forms of presentation; and presentation of the material through lectures, workshops, classroom instruction, and individual interactions with the public or other venues. Work includes conducting basic research and coordination to develop information to form the basis of new or enhanced aspects of the WoodMobile program.
Innovative suggestions are encouraged as part of the research and development effort. Work assignments are given with detailed and specific instructions and are reviewed in progress and upon completion by the supervisor. However, the employee is often required to perform the field work independently, without direct supervision.
- Driving the PA WoodMobile to and from events (34ft enclosed trailer pulled by a F350 Dually truck).
- Assisting supervisor in devising class, program, and exhibit schedules.
- Preparing lesson plans, scripts, and other forms of presentations.
- Presenting the prepared material through lectures, workshops, classroom instruction, and individual interactions with the public or other venues.
- Conducting basic research and coordination to develop information to form the basis of new or enhanced aspects of the WoodMobile program.
- Coordinating your travel arrangements and schedule.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Limited-term, temporary full-time employment without benefits.
- General work hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, with 60-minute lunch break - hours vary based on events. This includes evening hours, weekends, and may include holidays.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
Necessary Special Requirement:
- Graduation from High School or equivalent, with one year experience in work involving significant public contact in a group setting.
- Possession of a valid PA Class C non-commercial driver's license.
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Must be willing to travel throughout the Commonwealth of PA to exhibit centers, events, and public locations such as schools, State Parks, etc.
- Must be willing to accept a full-time limited-term (temporary) position without benefits.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
- Experience with public speaking.
- Experience driving a pick-up truck towing a 5th wheel trailer.
- This position falls under the provisions of the Child Protective Services Law.
- Under the Law, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports including, but not limited to, PA State Police clearance, PA Child Abuse history clearance, and FBI Fingerprint clearance.
If you are interested in this position please call Darrel Showers at 717-576-0603 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.