“The PA Forest Careers site was easy to use and provided me with a handful of additional applicants, one of which we hired for our Fiber Procurement position.”
– M. Winiesdorffer, Kronospan LLC, Shippenville, PA - Click Here & Submit a Job, Today!
Matson Lumber Company, a family-owned company and leader in hardwood lumber manufacturing industry, is hiring a talented and experienced Yard Foreman to join our team.
- Works with Management on setting and achieving production goals
- Maintains quality service and controls by enforcing organizational standards
- Promotes safety goals and incentives by enforcing safety policies and participating in safety committee and incentive programs
- Monitors efficiency of lines by overseeing employees and work hours
- Provides assistance in other projects as needed including grading and production and continuous troubleshooting on the grading line
- Oversees employee staffing/turnover/morale by assessing labor requirements
- new employee training
- job expectations
- planning/directing work
- performance reviews
- employee incentives and ongoing training needs
- Understands and enforces company policies/procedures and provides for employee investigations/documentation/discipline and problem resolution
- Provides positive leadership and work environment with open and consistent communication and cooperation by re-enforcing the value of each employee.
- Works as a team with other Managers, Supervisors and Employees
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of yard area and equipment
- 2+ years’ Supervisory/Foreman experience in an industrial manufacturing environment required
- 1+ Supervisory experience in a Lumber Manufacturing environment preferred
- Previous Grading experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good organizational, leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills across all levels
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs., climb, push and kneel, stand, walk, reach
- Must be willing to work overtime and occasional weekends
Matson Lumber Company has an excellent benefits program including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as a 401(k) plan and paid vacation and holidays. This position provides competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.
$40,000-$50,000 per year depending on experience. $1000 hiring bonus after 90 days