Lewis Lumber Products is looking to hire a Machine Operator for our manufacturing facility in Picture Rocks, PA. We sell hardwood lumber and manufacture custom architectural mouldings for the building industry. Depending on the experience of the applicant this position has three levels a Machine Operator I, II or III. A Machine Operator I will be qualified to operate one or more of the following pieces of equipment: Planer, Fixed Arbor Gang Rip Saw, Tenoner, Straight line Rip Saw and Chop Saws, Resaw, and any other non-computer aided machine. In addition to proficiency as a Machine Operator I (operation of most milling machines), a Machine Operator II will have the ability to safely and efficiently operate at least one computer-aided production machine. In addition to proficiency as a Machine Operator I and a Machine Operator II, a Machine Operator III will have the ability to operate safely and efficiently all the computer-aided production machines in the mill. Involves optimized multiple gang rip saw, moulders, and associated grinding equipment.
- Operate any of the non-computer aided machines,
as training and experience allows.
- Possess a complete understanding of the safe
operating procedures required by each machine and be able to effectively
communicate that information to co-workers.
- Set up each machine with minimal supervisor
- Supervise and provide direction for one or more
other employees as related to machine operation.
- Read and comprehend all work order information
and facilitate its processing within the mill.
- Understand the mechanics of each machine and
identify problems as or before they occur. Problems should be immediately
reported to the foreman and/or maintenance in a timely fashion.
- Exhibit a positive attitude, punctuality, and a
cooperative attitude toward co-workers.
- Perform any other tasks or duties related to
LLP, Inc., as requested by supervisors.
Education Certification and Experience
- High School Graduate or GED is preferred
- Forklift Operator Certification is required (or must work towards certification)
- Machine Operator II & III: Must have 1 to 3 years experience in the wood
manufacturing business. Some supervisory experience is helpful.
- Machine Operator III: Must have 1 or more years of supervisory experience.
Skill, Knowledge and
- Basic math and reading comprehension skills are
- Also required is the ability to read a tape measure (and in a
specified time frame, he/she must effectively use calipers).
- Machine Operator II & III: A high degree of skill and experience is
required to set up and operate computer-aided machinery. The ability to read,
understand and apply Computer Aided Designs is required.
- This position requires an individual to be able
to lift 25 to 100 pounds on a very regular basis from a variety of angles and
- Loud noise levels must be tolerated well (with PPE).
- Very frequent
bending, walking, climbing, reaching and long periods of standing are required.
- Good vision is necessary for safety and quality control.
- Full time position with benefits
- Work hours are 6:30-3:00 Monday through Friday.
- Health benefits, life insurance, vacation days, and retirement plans available.
- Pre-employment drug testing required.
- Employee discounts
- Working Conditions: Office, lumber warehouse, and planing mill environment. Also, customer office and factory sites along with meeting and seminar facility sites.
Lewis Lumber Products in an Equal Opportunity Employer
13.00/hr to 15.00/hr to start depending on experience with computer operated equipment.