Customer Service Representative
Lewis Lumber Products is looking to hire a Customer Service Representative for our manufacturing facility in Picture Rocks, PA. We sell hardwood lumber and manufacture custom architectural mouldings for the construction industry. The basic function of the Customer Service Representative is to work within a team to assist in facilitation of lumber product sales. Processing sales orders, data entry, verification of and communication between customer and other company personnel.
The basic function of the Customer Service Representative is to work
within a team to assist in facilitation of lumber product sales. Processing
sales orders, data entry, verification of and communication between customer
and other company personnel.
- Quoting customer needs
- Verify credit worthy status.
- Report quoting
information to Salesperson and contact manager.
- Learn product codes and inventory
- Process sales order
- Use of company software
to assist in data entry.
- Implement contact
etiquette (phone, text, email, Facebook, Instagram, fax, in person)
- Communicate information
at all appropriate levels (Sales, Production, Inventory, Traffic, and
- Write up sales order entry
sheets with all appropriate information completed.
- Field inquiries from customers and company salespeople.
- Field incoming questions and assist in any way
- Write up returns/allowance
forms and submit for approval by sales manager.
- Enter Sales Orders and designated Work Orders into
the Accounting System.
- Be aware of the
delivery schedule and confirm promised dates with Production Manager/ Traffic
- Field and pass on
millwork/component inquiries to appropriate salesperson and data base management.
- Learn to operate credit card processing machine.
- Keep accurate log of each transaction,
quote, order, complaint, etc. in provided digital program.
- Principal Duties may change on the prerogative
of the Sales & Marketing Manager or President of LLP.
Qualification & Experience:
High School Graduate or GED
Associates or BS in Business, Marketing, Construction, Wood Products, Forestry or other related fields.
- Two years or more of customer relation experience.
Skill, Knowledge and
- Excellent people skills and the ability to
communicate well with customers and employees.
Computer skills in navigating keyboard, data entry, data analysis,
Microsoft word, Excel, Access, and the internet. Social Media interaction with
Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other.
Understand and apply basic sales techniques such as:
proper phone etiquette, probing questions, active listening, relationship
building, and problem solving.
- Body Positions: Standing,
sitting, and walking.
- Body Movements: Carrying items, use of hands,
vision, arms, voice, finger action for keyboard data entry.
- Requires analytical and statistical knowledge using
general business skills and algebraic equations for pricing. Language ability includes reading, writing,
spelling, and the ability to communicate clearly on technical and business topics
in the English language. Must be detailed oriented.
- Full time position with benefits
- Work hours are 7:30AM - 4:30PM Monday through Friday.
- Health benefits, life insurance, vacation days, and retirement plans available.
- Pre-employment drug testing required.
- Employee discounts
- Working Conditions: Office, lumber warehouse, and planing mill environment. Also, customer office and factory sites along with meeting and seminar facility sites.
Lewis Lumber Products in an Equal Opportunity Employer
Hourly rate starting at $14/hour, higher depending on experience and qualifications