NOTE: THIS IS A REPOSTING OF CS-2022-22192-54410. IF YOU APPLIED UNDER THE PREVIOUS POSTING WHICH WAS OPEN FROM JUNE 14, 2022 TO JUNE 28, 2022, YOU CANNOT SUBMIT A NEW APPLICATION.
Possession of a valid driver's license which is not under suspension.
Do you enjoy being outdoors working with nature? If so, the forester position with Department of Agriculture may interest you! Apply Today!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
You will perform forestry work supporting the control and management of Spotted Lanternfly on all property types in Pennsylvania.
Additional details regarding the duties of this position may be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment. 37.5 hours/week.
- Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday, with 30-minute lunch.
- This position will be home headquartered if within Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Lawrence, Mercer, Venango and Warren Counties.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- This position is a limited-term salary position with benefits. The position will continue contingent upon funding being available.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
QUALIFICATIONS & Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Two years of technical forestry experience, and an associate's degree in forest technology, forestry, forest management, forest ecosystem management, urban forestry, forest science, agroforestry, or a related forestry degree; or
- A bachelor's degree in forest technology, forestry, forest management, forest ecosystem management, urban forestry, forest science, agroforestry, or a related forestry degree; or
- A master's degree in forest technology, forestry, forest management, forest ecosystem management, urban forestry, forest science, agroforestry, or a related forestry degree.
- PA residency requirement is currently waived for this title.
- Hiring preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Lawrence, Mercer, Venango, or Warren counties. If no eligible candidates who live within these counties apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties may be considered.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.