“The PA Forest Careers site was easy to use and provided me with a handful of additional applicants, one of which we hired for our Fiber Procurement position.”
– M. Winiesdorffer, Kronospan LLC, Shippenville, PA - Click Here & Submit a Job, Today!
3042 SR 6
Tunkhannock, PA 18657
Deer Park Lumber, located in Tunkhannock, PA, is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its team as a Forest/Forester Technician. This is a full time position that is classified as exempt/salaried. The Forest/Forester Technician is responsible for a variety of forestry related tasks, including gathering accurate forest inventory using current forest mensuration technology. These techniques are carried out over vast forest landscapes throughout Pennsylvania and surrounding states. Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Log Scaling
• Timber Harvest Marking and Layout
• Timber Measurements and Valuation
• Interaction and Communication with the general public, contractors, landowners, management and forestry team.
• Accurate forest data collection
• Proper boundary marking
• Preparation of forest management plans
• Proper Identification and Marking of Harvest Boundaries
• Work Independently as well as in a Team Environment Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Forestry preferred
• Minimum of 2 years related forestry experience
• Commitment to a Safety First approach in all aspects of work
• Strong computer skills, proficiency in spreadsheets and industry-related programs
• Core understanding of statistics
• Recon timber, use of aerial photography
• Valid PA drivers license with no prior serious infractions
• Demonstrate professional behavior in the performance of the job
Physical requirements of this job require outdoor work in various weather conditions, in forested conditions of uneven topography, all seasons, in outdoor settings. Reasonable accommodations can be made if practical.