26 Timber Lane
Reedsville, PA 17084
This position involves operating forestry equipment, such as: excavators, mobile horizontal wood grinder, skidder, dozers, forestry mower, wheel and track loader, and a chainsaw. Employees will be based out of our Reedsville, PA office but will work on project sites in the mid-Atlantic region.
• Set up and inspect equipment prior to operation.
• Efficiently operate equipment to remove vegetation (trees and shrubs) in compliance with Metzler Forest Products, LLC standards, safety policies, and procedures while maintaining a clean work environment.
• Move levers, depress foot pedals, and turn dials to operate power machinery such as power shovels, stripping shovels, scraper loaders or backhoes.
• Receive written or oral instructions regarding material movement or excavation.
• Become familiar with digging plans, machine capabilities and limitations and with efficient and safe digging procedures in any given application.
• Observe hand signals and other markings when operating machines so that work can be performed to specifications.
• Equipment Maintenance – performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Operation and Control – controlling operations of equipment or systems.
• Operation Monitoring – watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Equipment Selection – determining the kinds of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Repairing – repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
• Troubleshooting – determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
• Ensures company equipment is maintained and in good running condition by greasing and checking/ replacing fluids
• Other duties as assigned
Based on Experience