Duties for this position include but are not limited to expertise in a variety of mechanical fields to troubleshoot, install, replace and repair manufacturing systems in a heavy industrial manufacturing plant. Must be familiar with preventive maintenance, lubrication, machinery maintenance, hydraulic, air and steam applications and proficient in welding. Eligible candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment criminal history check and pre-employment drug screening. Kane Hardwood is a division of Collins, a family-owned timber and sawmill business in continuous operation for over 160 years. A reputation for honesty, integrity, and environmental stewardship has propelled Collins in to the role as an industry leader.
- Repair, assembly, and preventive maintenance
throughout mill as needed.
- Machine center troubleshooting.
- Repairing or
replacing chains, belt conveyors, gearboxes/drive chains, hydraulics &
- Fabricating parts and assembling machinery as needed to include
welding and general machine assembly.
- Clean shop and maintain proper
housekeeping to promote a safe work environment.
- Possess a desire to learn
operations of all related industry departments and their functions.
Lubrication Hydraulics General maintenance.
- Troubleshooting Electrical and
Mechanical issues Computer knowledge and usage.
- Keeping track of parts used and
filling out re-order sheets correctly.
- Keeping a daily log of jobs performed
and turning in to supervisor daily.
- Must be willing to attend any training
necessary to upgrade performance.
- Operate machinery in a safe manner so injury
does not occur to operator or any employee in the area.
- Must be able to handle
multiple projects effectively.
- Must be proficient in ability to weld, cut,
troubleshoot equipment and systems, maintain all working components, operate
machinery, understand pneumatic and hydraulic systems, proficient use of all
tools relate to the trade and possess good communication skills.
- Possess the
necessary skills and working knowledge of mechanical operations in the industry
required to operate maintenance tools and related machinery which may include
hydraulics, manufacturing welding, electrical, fabrication, or maintenance
- General knowledge of metals including cutting and welding. Follow
Company lockout, safety, and work standards.
- Ability to follow written and oral
- Performing repair and maintenance of equipment while working in a
variety of positions including standing, sitting, bending, twisting, kneeling,
- Use of stairs and ladders to access to mills and equipment
throughout the shift.
- Ability to carry up to 50 pounds for 100 feet in order to
take tools and parts to areas needing service.
- Working at varying heights with
use of required fall protection.
- Must be willing to train any employees as
assigned by supervisor.
- Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
- Environmental Conditions: Environment is typically dusty while working on the
equipment due to wood fiber.
- Areas exist where floor surfaces are uneven.
- Ability to access equipment includes stairs, elevated catwalks, ladders, and
- Access may also include climbing over equipment.
- Work takes
place inside and outside buildings during all weather conditions, therefore
variable temperatures occur.
- Collins is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collins offers employees: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care, Retirement benefits, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Paid time off for all regular FT team members, Paid holidays
- Employer Paid Coverage include: Life insurance, Disability coverage, Employee Assistance Program
Apply Online Millwright | Current Job Opportunities (ultipro.com) or at 95 Hardwood Drive, Kane, PA 16735
Starting at $21.00/Hour