26 Timber Lane
Reedsville, PA 17084
• Operates chipper at jobsite location
• Maintains chipper daily
• Responsible for chip quality and quantity chipped every day. Monitors chip quality and adjusts chipper as needed. Monitors feedstock as it relates to chip quality and provides feedback to supervisor
• Takes responsibility for condition and performance of chipper. Informs appropriate staff when chipper is not performing as needed. Inspects chipper daily including but not limited to fluid levels, tire pressure, flail chain, knives, counter knives, anvil and replaces or repairs these items as needed. Maintains awareness of condition of all wear parts, hydraulic hoses, bearings, and other key components. Takes responsibility for condition and performance of chipper
• Directs crew members as needed to ensure wood is available to chip at all times. Informs supervisor of any issues or other events that result in unproductive chipping
• Communicates with dispatcher and supervisor regarding availability of chips and material
• Communicates with service department regarding major equipment repair needs.
• Keeps supervisor aware of all equipment issues, job site conditions and truck needs
• Monitors condition of support equipment daily
• Operates and maintains equipment as assigned and according to company standards
• Maintains awareness of jobsite ground conditions takes appropriate action to maintain jobsite conditions at company standard
• Maintains shop trailer. Ensures that shop trailer is stocked with appropriate supplies to efficiently operate chipper. Maintains excellent housekeeping
• Follows all safety standards and safeguards.
• Other Duties as assigned.