Bingaman & Son Lumber, Inc., a leading wood products manufacturer, is seeking a full-time Procurement Forester at our WBL Hardwoods division. This position is responsible for the purchase of hardwood timber and logs, and the safe execution of the contracts that conduct harvesting and transportation of those items.This Procurement Forester position if at our Nicktown, PA facility.
- Conduct technical fieldwork necessary to measure and
appraise hardwood timber and logs.
- Use compiled field data and internal pricing to prepare
contract offerings for bid and direct purchase of timber/logs.
- Negotiate, prepare and ensure timely execution of contracts for harvesting of forest products.
- Manage subcontracted logging operations and logistics to
ensure timely, well executed timber/log harvests.
- Liaison between Sawmill Manager and Logging Crews to
ensure log quality/inventory levels.
- Monitor project quality and compliance with contract
terms and relevant regulations.
- Perform/manage site reclamation work as required per
- Ensure projects are completed within budgetary and
- Use internal inventory management system to
compare/evaluate timber harvest results against expectations.
- Provide backup on occasion to log scaling and log sale
personnel in yard.
- Monitor industry/markets for trends/changes.
professional certifications/memberships as appropriate.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in Forestry preferred.
- Solid understanding of PA Hardwood Timber
- General knowledge of logging/hauling practices (BMP’s).
- Basic knowledge of sawmill operation.
- Excellent time management, organizational, math and,
- Strong work ethic, self-starter and, high degree of
- Efficient while working with computers.
- Valid PA Driver license.
to work in all weather conditions and lift/move 50+ lbs.
Successful candidates will meet minimum job requirements and will adhere to the Bingaman & Son Lumber, Inc. Vision Statement, Leadership Competencies and Core Values. We offer competitive wages and some of the best benefits in the area – health insurance, 401K, ESOP, vacation, etc. If you are interested, please email your resume to Aimee Bowersox, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com or mail to Bingaman & Son Lumber, Inc., P.O. Box 247, Kreamer, PA 17833. Via fax 570-374-0799. Bingaman and Son Lumber, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer